Tuesday 7 April 2009

Procrastination... Or Cool Bartonian Exercise?

You know when someone says something and you just have nothing to return with?  Or maybe you returned just fine, but you thought of something better later?  And you wish you could go back and say this one thing because somehow that would fix something?

In this class I took called Lyric Performance we had this exercise called something like "the spirit of the stairs," but it sounded cooler because it was in French.  The entire class was about being vulnerable onstage when portraying a character and somehow giving us a chance to reenact the moments where we had previously failed was going to open up some part of our desperate-for-attention little heads and make us really feel onstage.  Usually, I was totally happy to go with our teacher on his sometimes indulgently bazar exercises, but somehow, this one just rubbed me wrong.  I think I slacked it off and just made up a situation with my mother.  (Sorry Bob)

I have a point.  Not really, more that I would rather let my mind wander than do what I should be doing.

I was called a snake a few days ago.  Not in a really mean way, but a half serious joke made by a friend hinting at the condition of the female species.  While I generally agree with him (not about myself, thank you), I retorted that men were kittens.  It seemed that was game point.  Cool.

But I have something else to say.  Out of desire to procrastinate, I will try Bob's exercise.  And this is perfect because the original conversation was in text!


snakes, the lot of you

kittens the lot of you

Touche.

and besides - spinelessness being your problem and if i'm a snake, being nothing but a spine would be mine... sounds like we could help each other, yeah?


HEY-OH!  Game, Set, MATCH.  I feel so much better!  And there is even an added element of danger since this blog is connected to my facebook profile --- oooo, what if he finds out! 

I'm sure this is how bad pick up lines are created.  "Hey hot stuff, can I be your spine?"  Yeah, that is so hot, how do I keep 'em off me?  Good thing I left the conversation where it was.

Oh well, being indulgent is way more fun than trying to write a script.

No comments:

Post a Comment